Friday, February 1, 2008

Week two in the can

I'm looking at this semester as a test of my mettle. It's going to be 'rough and tumble' and maybe 'wild and woolly' (an inside joke for those of you who follow the rantings of Tom Cruise). I spent Wednesday at KOMU, a madhouse compared to the newsrooms of my past. I loved it, though, and it's staffed by some very cool people. Also, I got a lot done. Today, which is Friday, I wrapped up a shift at the Missourian and felt great helping some underclassmen get a handle on audio editing. He was so thankful I thought he might offer me money. I would have accepted and then bought donuts for my poor 8 a.m. compatriots.

In sum, I can't wait to look back in May and regard myself for the first time as a multimedia journalist who doesn't suck completely, but perhaps only a little bit.

Mark

No comments: