Friday, February 8, 2008

"Party"

My favorite picture was the one entitled "Party" taken by Tamas Dezso. I love the emotion shown in this picture. The little boy's position is following the rule of thirds. I think it is neat how the picture is in black and white, yet it shows so much depth. I can almost feel how the boy is feeling. He is gazing up at all of the adults at their party. He is either wishing he could take part in it or probably wishing he could be somewhere else playing a game. I like the foreground framing the adult arms do in the picture. It causes your gaze to focus on the boy, which is what makes the picture unique. The front arms are a little out of focus, but the adults in the back are in focus. It's really cool. I like the approach the photographer took.
Emily Pritchard

No comments: