Friday, February 8, 2008

Phantastic Photos

Lyndey Brock
I really enjoyed the different points of view that the winners of the pictures of the year multimedia award winners provided. My favorite, however, was Allison Yin and her slideshow, "Down at the Barbershop." The sounds and voice clips she got were remarkable. I really felt as if I was there in the barbershop with her.

The photos that Yin provided along with her voice clips gave the most insight into the story, obviously. But, Yin was able to include all three aspects of photos that we discussed in class: Detail, Portrait, and Scene Setting. When I took my photos, I was really apprehensive as to how they would turn out, but I feel as though I also learned a lot through the assignment as well. Seeing her very professional photos will give me something to strive for in the coming weeks as I continue to learn more.

No comments: