Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Adderally Radio Show

Gretchen Pressley

I chose the radio show about Adderall because I thought it was very well done. The reporter/announcer sounded knowledgeable about what he was talking about and had a wide variety of sources and information. He made good use of background sounds, though there weren't many to choose from, I really liked how he introduced the topic, and all in all I thought the news piece was very interesting, especially for college students. The one thing I didn't really think jived well was towards the beginning. The voice over says something like, "Adderall is a prescription only drug, and this student doesn't have one." But the quote from the student doesn't really say anything about why he is taking the drug without a prescription or even the morality of taking a drug for which you don't have a prescription. I thought that a quote a little more on the topic of the prescription would have been a little better; otherwise he should have worded his transition a little bit differently. Also, I thought the female student source was a little repetitive. However, everything else was very well reported and edited, and even sounded a little bit like those NPR newscasts.

No comments: