Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Photography never fails to impress me. When a truly phenomenal photo happens, I am simply speechless with wonder. How many great photos have been lost because the photographer had to sneeze at the moment of greatness, forgot to put in film/batteries/memory card, or was distracted? Back in my hey-day of retail greatness, my one coworker told he had missed quite a few commissions in the past from having to pee and handing the customer off to a different sales associate. Always in the wrong place in the wrong time I guess. There are an overwhelming number of ways to screw up, but to be in the right place in the right time and prepared? I am hoping the stars don't have to align in a particular fashion for this to happen, but rather a developed eye for the candid moment. As Alison Yin's collection of singles suggests, quite a few good photos can happen to a single person.

No comments: