Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Neuticles...

I am posting about the neuticles story. The reporter did a great job of letting the subject tell the story, while still setting up the listener for what was about to come. He never gave away too much, and let the speaker speak for himself when it was important that he do so. For example, the line about how neuticles aren't just for K-9s was funny because something in the tone of the reporter's voice made me think that he was going to say people were getting them implanted. It made me laugh at myself when I realized that what he really meant was other animals get them. Another thing I liked about the story was its use of diverse sources. The only other source that I would have liked to hear would have been someone to confirm what the woman said about what kind of pet owners want to buy their animals neuticles. Hearing a man describe his reasons behind buying neuticles could be a good sound bite. 

Until next time,
 
Brad Fischer

No comments: