Monday, February 18, 2008

KBIA Story

By Carla Schaffer

I actually enjoy listening to the stories that are on KBIA. Although the story about neuticles was very entertaining and also informative (who knew that such a thing existed!), I especially liked the story about Adderall. My mom is pharmacist and always talks about how people "of my generation" abuse medicine. I honestly never really thought about it, but this story gave an authentic feel. Being extremely tired and worn out is something all college students have to deal with. I think few people really consider going to the extreme to stay awake, but this story shows those people really are out there. With such easy access to Adderall, that person going to extremes could easily be the person sitting next to you in class. With as many students on medication these days, it makes me wonder how many are out there on our campus that use their prescription drugs to make a few extra dollars. The demand is obviously there, now how many students are will run the risk of supplying?

No comments: