Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Adderall

Samantha Liss

I enjoyed listening to the “Adderall” story on KBIA. I think that it touches on a very prevalent issue on college campuses.

However, there were a few things missing from the story that I was dying to have answered.

This story somewhat reminded me of the True Life series on MTV. On True Life I think the most important aspect of their reporting is showing both positive and negative sides effects of an issue.

There was too much coverage on the benefits from taking adderall illegally. It made me want to start taking it!

I think they needed a horror story from a student's perspective, instead of the official voice, from the woman teaching drug education.

I do think that this is something we will see more of in our time period while being college students, and I enjoyed the sound bite describing adderall as “the best thing to happen to college students since beer.”

A very timely story but I’m not sure that it taught me anything I didn’t know already.

No comments: