Friday, February 22, 2008

KOMU-3rd, 4th and even 5th applications..

This week at KOMU.com- My reporter Erick and I found some pretty cool applications for making time-lines. I wanted to get away from all the mundane things I was doing at KOMU ie. flash graphics and Avid Active Content manager and do more fun things- like ANYTHING other than those things I mentioned. When Erick arrived, he attended the story meeting (I came in at 8am as he came in at the same time)- When that was finished we talked about possible convergence things to work on- A reporter was working on a Steven Rios story and Erick thought it would be a great idea to do a time-line of start to finish about Steven Rios trial(s). We went to Jenn and SHE LOVED IT! She gave us a program to look at and after 3 and a half hours of trying to work out issues- I made the decision to ABORT! I knew there could be more applications out there that were free and did a better job- SO Erick and I spent the afternoon looking at MANY 3rd level applications having to do with time-lines- we experimented and tried many different ones until we found one we liked- XTIMELINE. The program was user friendly and included the option to add pictures- SO we used it- Erick did his thing and I did a time-line as well on Ian Kinsler's new contract extension. It was a good work day and I felt I got a lot accomplished-

SSliker#21

No comments: