Sunday, September 16, 2007

On the Adderall piece

For the most part, I really liked the KBIA story on Adderall. The reporter did a good job of keeping his points succinct and cogent, introducing his sources and intertwining his speaking parts with their commentary. I really liked the fact that for many of his sources, the reporter gave a brief summation of their overall viewpoint beforehand, which served as a foundation for the more specific commentaries he left to his interviewees. The content of the story was certainly intriguing, and the mix of voices as well as the easy-to-understand nature of speech.

If I have any complaint for the Adderall story, it’s that there probably wasn’t enough natural sound. The fact of the matter is that with the exception of a few seconds, the clip was virtually purely voices and nothing else. Granted, I’m not sure what the ideal sound backdrop for a story about Adderall is – and I need to do some thinking on that – but I do believe there probably should have been something there just to add a little color. But beyond that, props to all parties involved for a good job all around on the Adderall piece.

No comments: