Sunday, September 16, 2007

Radio stories

I enjoyed the KBIA articles, but I missed the natural sounds. The first story, Neuticals, included the dog’s voice at the beginning and the end, but other than that, it lacked the natural sounds, which is probably the most difficult aspect of a radio story. I liked how the reporter introduced the voices and developed them.

The straight jackets story was interesting, but I missed the good conversation that was available to the reporter. The performer had a very good voice, and it could have been used more in depth. There was too much reporter talking and not enough talking by the interviewee. I did enjoy the description of the man. Without the image, it is helpful to describe the interviewee in an interesting way to hook the reader. However, I stopped pay attention, and it seemed to drag on too long.

The Adderall story was my favorite story. It had a good introduction, to open to the feeling of what that might be like to be on adderall. It lacked natural sound (some classroom sounds would have been helpful). It was easy to pay attention to the story as the whole thing flowed well and was cohesive. The best part of the story was the expert sources mixed with information and facts. This showed the impact to students making it relevant to the listeners, especially students that might be affected.

No comments: