Wednesday, September 19, 2007

KBIA Stories

Suekyoung Kim

Justin Ray’s two stories about Neuticle and Adderall and Alex Grigsby’s story about Mario Manzini all three were interesting. I like the Adderall story best since I was interested in the subject of the story the most. The lead hooked me up first then the following information kept my attention during the overall running time. Study buddy, ivy league crack, the best thing happened to the college student since beer.. vs misuse, abuse, side effects.. it seems it shows the two sides of the subject very well and was informative to me who myself is a college student. He used several sources at the right times in several parts of his story. The story wasn’t boring at all and the tone of his voice was good enough to capture my attention.

Justin’s the other story about neuticle was also well done. There must be many pet owners who are interested in that information. One of my pets back home was neutered and he became a little abnormal since then. Implanting neuticles can be an option to consider for many pet owners and that makes this story informative. The story was good that it helped me to reflect implanting neuticles doesn’t set limits to only dogs and it helps control pet population. I liked the way it opened up the story with barking sound. It helped me to guess the unfamiliar term “neuticle” is related to dogs.

Alex Grigsby’s story about Mario Manzini who is in show business captivated my attention the least but was still interesting. The reason why I wasn’t very into it was because I was not very interested in the subject of the story; yet the reason why I still liked it was because the tone of narrator was exciting and the words such as straight jacket, burning rope, escapeologist, death defining stuff, adventure… were intriguing. The three KBIA stories were all great and had me think about some elements of good audio stories.

No comments: