Tuesday, September 18, 2007

KBIA Adderal Broadcast

Up to this class, I had never really listened to radio news (excepting horrible conservative talk radio programs for entertainment), but after listening to the examples from class I may have to make it more of a habit. I never realized that radio could be as informative and well-written as print, but I’ve really started to take notice of the way radio stories are written and the way words are used.
I felt the “Adderal” story by KBIA did an excellent job of relaying lots of information very simply and effectively. The story used a wide variety of sources and the quotes were never empty and always added something to the story itself. The flow of the story was another thing that was exceptional; the story moved from local to national and from medical perspectives to user perspectives without ever breaking the cohesion of the story. The only thing I felt was lacking was the lack of natural sound. I guess it would be difficult to get natural sound from a story like this, but sometimes the background noise seemed kind of empty.

No comments: