Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dog Balls

Sure, the story on Adderall is probably the best of the three. It goes deepest, has the best interviews, which likely were hard to get; and serves an important informational function. Despite all that, I’m going with Neuticles, and I’m guessing I’m not alone. The reason is simple. It’s very entertaining. And I quote, “the Cadillac of prosthetic dog testicles is priced in excess of 900 bones.” That’s brilliant. You can almost hear the reporter stifling a laugh.

In a journalistic sense, Neuticals has value because of the commonness of pet ownership. A significant portion of those owners, I imagine, have neutered or at least have considered neutering their animal. Also, the reporter does a good job of tracking down a veterinarian to speak to the motivation of buyers. Really, though, it’s all just a bunch of silliness, but why should that matter? It informs and entertains. In my opinion, the former doesn’t necessarily have to overshadow the latter.

Another thing I liked about Neuticles is that it’s short. That works for me. It was punchy, direct and complete.

No comments: