Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A true sobriety check...

For the Missourian this week I went to a sobriety checkpoint to shoot video for the Missourian website. This was my first experience shooting at night. After looking at the finished video, as well as receiving an e-mail from Karen, I saw that there was a tilt in a couple of the shots within the video. I have to be honest, I did notice something of a tilt while I was shooting, though I thought it was the view finder which was not straight, I felt my eyes were playing tricks on me. I don’t know why there was a tilt and this is something I need to learn how to correct. I did think that some of my video was shot well. I was able to get detail shots, and close ups of what happened. I learned that it is an ongoing process to continue to search for bits and pieces of the whole picture. The smallest detail can lead to a big sequence of events, like the guy I shot at the end, I saw he was struggling to pass the line test and the eye test so I continued to shoot and ultimately he got arrested and cuffed right in front of the camera. My frazzee died before the night was half over, so in the future I will use it more sparingly. The experience as a whole was great.

No comments: