Thursday, September 6, 2007

Multimedia POY

I looked through a lot of the "Pictures of the Year," and was just so intrigued at the talent level of the photographers. What gets me the most is just that intuition that good photographers have to get an image at just the right time, in just the right place. The picture that caught my eye the most, with me being a sports guy and all, is one titled "Giant Tunnel," by Donald Miralle. The shot was taken of the New York football Giants in a tunnel, just as the team is getting ready to take the field. At the end of the tunnel, all you can see is light. The perspective of the photo is right behind the players, and what caught my eye even more was that Eli Manning, the starting quarterback, is right in the middle. Since a team usually "builds" around the quarterback, I thought this was appropriate.

No comments: