Thursday, September 13, 2007

KBIA--Manzini

I listened to the Mario Manzini story. I thought it was very conversational and the piece was very descriptive especially at the start with his outfits and stunts. The only voices were the reporter and Manzini but I thought they could have used more voices like fans, people who have seen his stunts, or people who have orchestrated/produced the stunts. I thought it was important that the story explained why he calls Columbia home and his past, including the NY crime. His family roots obviously shape who he is today and I think it's funny the show business actually saved him from crime. Today it seems show business ruins so many people.

I like how he has a care free attitude to life and wants to die living life as an adventure. But I thought it was odd that Manzini feels uncomfortable during his stunts in constraint and it's his job! And it's interesting that his job today is most likely more dangerous than if he would have chose a life a crime in NY.

The only criticisms I had about the piece is that it was just the reporter and Manzini. I thought they could of added in some background noise or sound effects of his stunts or him putting on one of his jackets. Also, I felt like the reporter and Manzini were disconnected. It didn't really seem like an interview to me. It was too distant for my taste.

No comments: