Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A KBIA story

Su Jing

I listened to all the three stories. The Neuticles story is most ear-catching, because it is bizarre and amusing. In this story, nature sounds, interviewees’ voice and explanatory voice are well weaved together. A length of three to four minutes is an appropriate span for a radio story.
However, I want to say more about the story of Adderall. As a student, I am always interested in stories on campus. The Adderall story caught my attention because it is relevant to my life. I want to give the reporter applause for a good job of explicating the medical word “Adderall” in simple words. It was the first time that I heard the word Adderall, and I even couldn’t find it in a dictionary, but when I listened to the story, I understood the meaning of it. I could see the reporter’s ambition in this story. He interviewed students who used the drug and sold the drug, interviewed a doctor, and interviewed relevant persons who represented opinions of school. Opinions from different people made the story balanced and objective. But I also wanted to hear voice from students who doesn’t use the drug. What are their attitudes toward using Adderall and how do they tackle stress from study and tests? Additionally, a six-minute story is too long to concentrate from beginning to the end. Maybe the topic is better for a piece of TV news.

No comments: