Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Web Design

This article was really helpful to me when thinking about the layout for our final project. I have learned a tremendous amount about repetition, alignment, and contrast. This has showed me that by using contrast I can emphasize certain words and sentences. Contrast is like using darker font on a white background or vice versa. The portion of the article that was on alignment was eye opening for me because it was something I had never really thought about when surfing the web. After reading it, I now notice exactly what they are talking about when I am looking at certain web sites. Its really bugs me when things are out of alignment now. I think that The Non-Designers Designer Book would be one I need to look into before I go much farther into my career path. It seems like a very helpful and useful piece of literature.

No comments: