Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I needed adderall to listen to this story...

Surely the KBIA "Adderall" piece wasn't played all at one time... I felt that it could have been split into two sections, maybe three with a little more information. But for me (and maybe it is my attention span) I thought it was way too long and maybe lacked focus. I mean it had focus, adderall, but I think it tried to convey too much information at one time.

Of course, we've been taught "The 10 Commandments of Recording" and the piece didn't have any nat sound (I don't believe, but I hate to say for certain). I think nat sound in radio stories can be too obvious (just as I'm sure the sound will be in all my bee stories-- with real bee sounds) as someone below mentioned, but I think it has more to do with placement than the sound itself. One of the pill users might have shaken a pill out of the bottle or something and explained maybe what prompts them to take the pill, or something, I don't know... It was just non-stop talking (which if I were driving in my car I would probably listen to and learn something from it, but wouldn't think the story itself was memorable). And that's another thing, I thought the piece was informational-- it was packed with information-- but maybe lacked some emotion (note to self). I know, I know, easier said than done.

No comments: