Thursday, June 26, 2008

Infographics

From: MinLo
Just like the article mentioned, info graphics can be very helpful or extremely distracting. Prior to the article I hadn't really thought of info graphics as a deep database full of information. I want to be able to make them because I think it would be nice to have the ability to compliment a story with a graphic (and not have to ask someone to do it).
I think even a simple graphic could add something to an internet text story... I go back and forth though... I think sometimes we (as journalists) dumb everything down, and I guess that is our job, to make the information easy to digest. As a part-time pessimist, I can see the the quality (of information, not necessarily the look) of info graphics declining like television and everything else. Sorry, Debbie Downer moment.

No comments: