Wednesday, June 25, 2008

interactive graphics

I really think that interactive graphics have the ability to really change the look and add to the story. For example, an interactive map of the areas effected by the floods can really help out viewers more than listing the areas that are impacted. I like the to be able to give the viewer the ability to choose what they would like to see and when they would like to see that. 

I do also think that these graphics can not help every story. You should not just add graphics for the sake of adding them, but only if  you feel the story needs that element to help the viewer better understand. I like that the internet and online applications are growing to allow viewers to explore journalism for themselves, but I really do not think these help if they take away from the story overall. 

No comments: