Monday, June 16, 2008

Video Example-Lauren Stine

Here is the link to my video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/06/16/harris.cops.costly.crude.cnn

I chose a CNN video titled, 'Gas prices soar, cops walk'. I was really surprised at how poor this video was considering it was produced by CNN. The video has way too much b-roll, very little interviewing/ the interviews they have are poor, and they used weird effects in between clips that were very distracting. I found it really difficult to pay attention to the the story itself because every 2 seconds the video switches to a new image. I'm not sure if  it would be better as a text story because the interviews they had were poor. Frankly, it probably wasn't even important enough of a story to warrant a whole video on it. But, I guess it was mildly interesting at best.

No comments: