Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bittner-Video Stories

I just watched a video on abcnews.com that showed jaw dropping footage of flood damage in Wisconsin. I am a print guy, I will always like newspapers even though there is a chance I will be 80 and the only guy on Earth still reading a paper. With that being said, stories like the one I just watched is why viewing broadcast stories online is so popular.

Reading a text story, even with a photo, does not do these floods justice. There is nothing more shocking than seeing these floods take these homes down and the look on their owners faces.

While you can learn more from a text story, sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words. While I don't aspire to ever work solely with video, their accessibility online is changing the way people get their news.

Another thought: I remember how much I loved to view movies in class when I was in grade school, so I wouldn't have to read. Is it possible some people out there are just too lazy to read a text story, so they view video instead?

No comments: