Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Whats most important

I see both sides of the argument. I realize that not developing your skills in one area and devoting your time to it, and only it, does make your work more mediocre. I agree that you cannot understand all the forms of journalism as well as someone that devoted themselves to one specific area. But, I think there are reasons that convergence journalists will take over this industry. Journalism is about bringing the news to the people in the best way possible. Timeliness is just as important, if not more, as writing skills for a newspaper or magazine guy or gal. And giving the reader/viewer the most information possible, which only a “Backpack Journalist” can do, is probably the most important. Having a camera there and writing a story while posting a video and slide show, I believe, is more important.

No comments: