Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Great Picture Hunt by David LaBelle

Trying to capture a story through the limitation of a camera lens alone was a difficult task for me over the weekend. Looking through a camera lens, I wasn't sure what I should of focused on and from what angle.
Naturally it seems we're so prone to noticing things in our environment for the purpose of protecting ourselves and feeling out how we fit into the overall picture, I felt I had to retrain my way of thinking. With photography, it seems we're forced to look at our environment in a different way and consider factors such as composition, lighting, angle, etc....
LaBelle's discussion on orginality, having an interesting subject, and looking for a fresh angle were all helpful in balancing my understanding of how I should try to capture a story through a camera lens. I'm prone to thinking I need to make sure subjects already have something visually interesting about them, but people's talent can really show through when it comes to their way of capturing a subtle and everyday moment as well.

No comments: