Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Multimedia slide shows are pretty cool.

I really like multimedia slide shows. I feel like a lot of convergence stories are overwhelming; with all the pictures, text, video clips, and hyperlinks, sometimes I don't know where to start. Multimedia slide shows use technology to guide the reader. And if part of a journalist's job is to organize information, isn't that kind of guidance important?

Anyway, I especially enjoyed "Photographer's Journal: Campaign Moments" by Geogg McGhee, Stephen Crowley, Lisa Tozzi, and Judith Schlieper of NYTimes.com. Since photography in general is not particularly new technology, still photos gave a historical, almost nostalgic quality to this piece. The photos are superb, and I love hearing journalists talk candidly about their experiences -- I think they're more reliable than people give them credit for.

No comments: