Monday, May 21, 2007

Through the Eyes of a Camera

This weekend certainly proved interesting as I moseyed around the Old Hawethorne Golf Course looking for perspective subjects. I tried to use some of David LaBelle's advice in being creative and finding an interesting subject. I found myself following a threesome (grandfather, father and son) through a few holes on the golf course, and they actually turned out to be very interesting subjects as the bickered and laughed and struggled with their golf games.

I tried to use LaBelle's idea of capturing a story through my lens as i walked around from hole to hole. It was interesting to see how each person in the threesome struggled not only to prove themselves to the group but tried to prove to them self that they could actually play golf.

After reading LaBelle and struggling with the camera this weekend I feel like I have a new found appreciation for photojournalists as they attempt to recreate the world through their camera.

No comments: