Monday, May 21, 2007

The Streets

David Snider's Street Pictures showed me one very important thing that I feel I missed with my photographs. He is very good at using people to tell the story. His pictures are so compelling because the viewer can see the human element and react to their emotions. I tried using symbols and buildings in my photos but felt they were lacking something. Snider captures the life of his stories through the people in his photos. My personal favorite was the man sleeping outside the train station. To me it was a man so exhausted or bored that he could not stay awake, no matter the setting. This one image was able to tell me a lot about the man's life, and if it were in the context of a story, would be able to represent much more than what it really is.

No comments: