Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Stan the Man

I viewed the audio slide show titled Stan the Man. I could not help but smile during this entire slide show. Every picture just made me feel as if I were in the middle of the ball park, or standing next to the Stan Musial statue. This does not only appeal to Cardinal fans or baseball fans, but it appeals to every American. Baseball is our past time and this slide show puts the glove back on our hand as we stand in our backyard playing catch with our fathers.

I think the most powerful idea in this story was the bridge between each and every generation. It had a voice of an older gentleman discussing how Stan Musial played the game because he actually witnessed him play the game, and it also had a picture of an infant in their mothers arms and it is clear the infant might not yet know who Stan Musial is and will never see him play, but that statue is as much a part of them as it is a part of the stadium and the city of St. Louis.

No comments: