Sunday, May 20, 2007

Street Photo's and David Snider

After reading Street Pictures by David Snider I looked at his photo's in his portfolio. I was touched by many of them, finding that all had the elements of a "good photograph" within them. I found it to be really interesting how I could relate to even the most dated of pictures. Some styles were different, but the people seem to remain the same no matter where in the world you are, nor what period in time you are taking the pictures.

Then I saw the last photo in Snider's portfolio. A picture of his parents. I was stunned, it appears they are both blind. This got me curious, I wasnt sure if they had been blind since his birth or if they recently have had blindness thrust upon them in their old age but what a coincidence that they wont be able to enjoy his life's work because of an impairment of eye sight- I dont know if showing them was meant for shock value or not, but I was really taken aback by them.

Snider does excellent work- He obviously was trained well, but more importantly he had a passion, went out and did what he loved. We all can learn from the photograph's he has taken and the work he has done.

No comments: