Saturday, May 19, 2007

Picture Hunting

Our upcoming assignment has me worried. I have never been a good photographer, I have never taken any classes. I have never had high aspirations to be an award-winning photographer. But after reading the assignment by LaBelle, I feel a little more confident about the whole thing. I like the way the author related photojournalism to a hunt. The camera is like a gun and you point and shoot at your target. Your aim must be precise, and you must not be quick to shoot without deliberating. I can see photographers in my mind, all coming back from the hunt, showing off their photos like a hunter shows off his prized Buck.

I liked how the author broke up the chapters in such a way that they progressed through the steps. The tree and it's branches example was beneficial and helped to remind me not to just shoot the obvious. Branch out and try to get something original. I had some problems reading in some places, the print was too light on the screen and I have terrible eyesight. But from what I gathered, I feel much more confident about our upcoming photo assignment.

No comments: