Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hunter

Although the "Great Picture Hunt" was a long read, I feel that it did have some great information. Especially the "make a tree" idea. I never thought about it but it forces you to get down to the important stuff of your story. Once you have your main topic you are forced to focus it into the smaller branches and I have never thought about something like that before. I really think that it will help us to find different parts of our stories over the next couple of weeks.

I also liked how LaBelle likened a photographer to a hunter. I really agree, the camera is the weapon and when he was driving around looking for a feature that could take up space, those windy roads he knew so well were his forest. And obviously the story his prey, a perfect example would be the time he was driving around and found a tire with legs sticking out.

I do not think that I will ever be a great feature hunter, but a decent photographer is not out a reach. After reading this I feel that I might be able to find a good feature when put on the right story someday.

No comments: