Sunday, May 20, 2007

David Snider

Firstly, I liked Snider's comment from the introduction about how he always would strive to be a photojournalist, and he distinguished this from what he was, a street photographer. But he then said that he was "a patient watcher of humanity". Photojournalists, then, must be a proactive, sometimes impatient watcher of humanity (you know, deadlines!)

Secondly, the pictures of his that struck me to be the most interesting struck me because of a huge bias. I loved the photos from France. I've been to Paris and it was awesome. The one with the cat sleeping on the sidewalk was cool. I liked the more urban ones too, but the ones from France just looked "French". Also, the one taken in Amsterdam, I mean, a guy smoking? PERFECT!

An by the way, black and white rules!

No comments: