Monday, May 28, 2007

KBIA Broadcast: Adderall

I was impressed by the sourcing in this story; Justin Ray and Allison Fonte talked found plenty of people willing to talk about Adderall. I didn’t really hear any ambient sound, but Ray injected urgency into his tone for the lead that had almost the same effect. Radio broadcasting really does involve some acting ability.
The transitions were really smooth as well. I think that if I were reading this story rather than listening to it, I would find the sound bites repetitive. Predictably, the authority figures were mainly saying that students shouldn’t use Adderall, and the students said that it helped them study more efficiently. But the difference in medium definitely results in a difference in structure. Since all the sources had very different-sounding voices, the story remained aurally interesting. Overall, it was an effective broadcast.

No comments: