Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Street Pictures Reflections Of The Society

A picture is better thousand words. When I am free, taking picture is one of habits. Well, not always with purpose, since it was just a way for me to relax. I do “snap-shoot” quit often. But when I do take pictures with a purpose, I do like to like pictures with around, even just people who walk passed. To me people and their emotions are what bring photos to a higher level.
In David Snider’s pictures, “Tompkins Square Park”, in New York City is my favorite, because it really gives the picture a happy characteristic. And maybe even because that kid in the pictures looks like an Asian to me and it give me a feeling of home, and similarity. I went to Atlanta during spring break, and I took some similar pictures in the Olympic Park as well. To me the park was empty and boring at first, however, when I saw a group of people playing with the “unpredictable” water fountain make that became one of my favorite days in Atlanta.Street picture is one of the good ways to reflect time in society, it record that how the society functioned, and how people’s reactions to this functioning society.

No comments: