Monday, May 28, 2007

Adderall

I have listened to the story about Aderall for this blog entry. To me, this is a interesting story. In my mind, before this story, when people mentioned about illegal drugs, I will linked it with negative impacts. And since it’s illegal, and I am studying oversea, I’ll never think about it. Nor look in to it. However, Justin has brought a new angle to the use of illegal drugs in what I could have considered as possible impact. I can see, if this drug introduced back to China, it possibility will be a big hit, because it seemed like it can get people focus, and making better grades. And that is what a lot of Chinese parents want their children to achieve, and willing to help them to achieve in almost any means. And to be honest, making good grades are the only goal that I can afford to have when I was young, because of the workloads. However, I probably, will not do it myself, because now that I can research about the drugs, and I can make judgments on the benefits, and the affects of the drugs. I’ll rather train my own brain that best I can, then making myself be a dependent of it.
I drink coffee, and tea to stay awake, but even them have side affects, anything that’s over the limits will eventually be bad, and have negatives affects, plus taking Adderall might help student get good grades, but what about their futures? To me this short-term achievements are not worth the cost. I always have one thing in mind-- who stay the last, who smiled the best—I rather take the long and troublesome way, then the get a little boost now, and maybe get hurt in the long run.
Here is an link from Vox magazine about how we can use Caffeine safely, and effectively.
http://voxmagazine.com/stories/2007/05/03/caffeines-buzz-around-clock/

No comments: