Wednesday, May 23, 2007

POYI Winner Christopher Anderson

I chose to write about Christopher Anderson's photographs. I feel that he reall shows the grittiness of everyday life. I thought his pictures from "Caracas" were truly thought provoking. It made me wonder how some people could live in a place like in the photographs. He captured emotion of the people and their surroundings. I hope to someday take pictures as powerful as these. I also think that doding them in black and white added to their feeling. It gave them sort of a gritty, raw, and scary feel to them. The pictures tell a story of what it would be like living in that part of town. Also I think the picture of the family living in the low poverty apartments gave a good emotional tie to the photographs. I see why he won first place! Anderson is an awesome photographer.

No comments: