Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Backpack Journalism

I have to say that I think journalism is heading in the do it all direction. This is why I chose to do convergence. I wanted to have the skills that can help me excel in many situations. While I see the argument that we can't always do everything on our own, it doesn't hurt to aqcuire the skills to do so. I do feel like most people are looking to the internet for their news because you get a little bit of everything (audio, video, pictures and text). I also like the point that multimedia reporting offers an interactive arena for the consumer. They can choose whether they want to watch a video or read the story all in one place. They get many different views all in one location. I think converged media is more efficent for the user. I agree that we are moving into the years where you have to know computer skills and the more you know the better!

No comments: