Thursday, May 24, 2007

MSNBC Multimedia 2004

I watched "MSNBC.com's Multimedia from 2004". I liked this program because it has the options of having the “Editors’ Choice”, “Readers’ Choice”, and “Your Vote”, which make viewers feel like they have the opportunities to direct their own shows. And their background of the show is more attractive to the one that the New York Time had.
Although, viewers can soon recognized, if they have look though all three of the sections, their choices of pictures are a lot less then the ones that editors can choose from, that could be a turn down point. However, in another way to look at it, they are just running their gate keeping functions of filtering out the picture, so that it fits the breakfast rules. And I have noticed that the “Readers’ Choice” are more of the scenery pictures, whereas in “Editors’ Choice” it’s more even oriented.
I do feel that looking at “Photography on NYTimes.com:2004” was not very inviting at first, because of its plant background, and the abundant links and the ways that they were layout. I won’t like to look at it in the first glance. However, when I went back, and really do spend time looking at the contents, I found them very organized, and it even has a very specific grouping orders. Therefore, when I put my Journalistic hat on, I understand why it won the first place.
Sure, contents is very important, however, if the multi-media miss the graphics that are more likely get the readers’ instant interests, some reader might lost their opportunity to read and vote for this wonderful site.

No comments: