Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A picture's worth a thousand words.

I chose to write about the winning photo, "Children's life in Malawi." This picture was amazing to me because as the viewer, you didn't seen any of the subject's facial features. You couldn't make out any faces, or clothing on any of the children in the photo. Yet, you still got a great sense of the photo. The use of contrasting light was amazing! I loved the shadows and the the way I could make out all the individual leaves on the trees. I liked that I knew what was going on in the photo without having to actually see the details of the faces. The clapping hands, the slightly open mouths, the rocks on the ground outside; the detail is incredible. I, as a terrible and underskilled photographer can only look at this picture in awe and wonder, "how did they do that?"

No comments: