Sunday, April 13, 2008

Web Design

Elise Crawley
In going over the Web Design reading and the class instruction, I found it helpful in articulating why I get so annoyed with some web pages.  I hate being forced to scroll sideways.  I hate when people use all caps.  I really, really, really hate borders.  I think identifying the things that are wrong are perhaps more helpful than hearing the things that are right, because you don't want to blunder into something horribly wrong while trying to do someone right.  I think that when a website is designed really well, it should look effortless.  However, I'm sure that it's not effortless and I'm torn between looking forward to learning all of this in dreamweaver, and being wary that the process will cause me pain and anguish.  Although looking through internet pages that I frequently visit, I have to say that I think  the less is more principle is really important in web design.  If a site has too many tabs or links or windows, I end up not looking at anything at all.  And then when I take the time to sort through it, I get annoyed if half of the stuff is something I really didn't care about anyway.  

No comments: