Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and My Website

Well, my website sucks. I knew it wasn't the best, but until reading these articles, I had no idea how many design rules I really broke. One of the more notable tips I took away regarded alignment. As an avid "everything centered" gal, I realize that good, hard lines created by left or right flushes can make all the difference in a website's appeal. After checking out a few websites, I see how much I appreciate a clean, simple website. For a good time, go to http://www.dokimos.org/ajff/. I like to consider myself flashy (some may say gawdy) at times, so creating a nice, understated, easy to navigate website will be one of my bigger challenges. But now that I know these simple secrets (alignment, proximity, repetition, and contrast), I look forward to creating something professional and pretty.

No comments: