Friday, April 11, 2008

Design Rules Will Ruin Me

Tracy Pfeiffer

Reading through the design principles and tips in the two chapters made me feel one thing: shame. I looked at my 4802 website. Shame. When looking at the two example pages that the author provided with each principle of design in chapter 6, I found myself having to squint and focus to figure out which one is the "wrong" one. Lame. I've designed a couple websites in my day, and I'm fairly certain I've broken... EVERY design principle presented. It made me feel a little bit like that older citizen trying to design a website dedicated to family photos and the semiannual family activity update. Bleh! At the same time, I found that most of the design principles could fall under simple common sense, much like the principles of videography. Everything needs to be laid out in a manner in which readers can quickly, efficiently and easily scan all the information.

No comments: