Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Web design

I thought the two chapters presented a very good, organized introduction to design basics. Just in the process of reading the selection I began to apply the criteria to sites I am familiar with - my 4802 page in particular. Not only do my dimensions defy the 640x480 rule, but much of the layout - including the table format, linking bar, and color scheme - does not work according to the principles in the book as well as to my own eye.

One question I had about th reading was on the validity of the 640x480 rule in lieu of modern monitors. It seems like 800x600 would be a much more reasonable standard...unless it happens to be a page Lynda is to display on the projector. That said, I do recognize the importance of placing the most important information in the first frame of a site/page.

No comments: