Sunday, April 13, 2008

Design for the Web

by Chelsea Williams

Wow, after doing the readings, I realized that my web page we created at the beginning of the semester could be much more polished than it is. It was extremely helpful to get some tips about structure of the web page, especially before the final project is due. The part that intrigued me most was the part about alignment....I never really thought about it before reading the article and examining the web sites in class. It is key to the navigability of a web site, and also serves as a means of consistency. Repetition ties in with this idea of being user-friendly because it helps the reader know what to expect. If an aspect of the web page is engraved in their minds, then they will be able to navigate the site much more easily. I am so much more excited to create a new web page using this newfound knowledge about web design!

No comments: