Sunday, April 6, 2008

Good and Bad Design

I found these two chapters very helpful and interesting, mainly because I have no experience in design and made a lot of the mistakes on my web page that they mentioned in the readings. I especially enjoyed the sections on common design mistakes that frustrated the writers of the book. I was happy with this section because they discussed things that commonly irritate me when I am web surfing, so I am glad that I was not the only one irritated by these things. The other chapter offered some helpful tips that I enjoyed because I made many of those mistakes in my first web page for this class. For example, the rule that you are not supposed to center things because it looks bad. I did not know that. I personally think centering looks better, which is why I always did that, but now I know. So I enjoyed these chapters and look forward to learning more about design. 

No comments: