Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Flash Journalism

Flash journalism is something I have seen a lot of, but never known how to do. I am so excited to be learning how to incorporate flash into our web pages. There are certain things that pictures and sound bites can capture so much more captivatingly than words...like the earthquake mentioned in the reading, or the Hurricane Katrina disaster we looked at in class. While I do feel that interactive graphics can be awesome and add a lot more emotion and opportunities to connect to a web page, sometimes I feel as though the flash is simply frustrating. I now know how important it is to make sure, first, that the content of my flash media is worthwhile before worrying about how cool its presentation is (although coolness helps :) Flash media can be used as a way to draw people in, but the material should keep them there (and not make them regret coming).

No comments: