Friday, April 25, 2008

Flash

I find it amazing all that can be done with flash. But as with so many other techniques we've discussed this semester. Less is usually more. Flash can really enhance the "experience", and I would describe it as an experience if done properly, of the website. However I've seen examples where it's been over used. I completely understand this faux pas. When someone learns to do something, they consider to be so progressive and innovative it is hard to taper off for the betterment of design and appeal for your viewers. I would describe the example of the IMA African Art website site as an experience. Maybe I'm biased because I'm from Indianapolis but nonetheless it was simple yet engaging and I found myself looking for more information throughout the site. 

No comments: