Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Designing For the Non-Designer

By Carla Schaffer

My designing knowledge is limited, so this reading was really useful. As I was reading, I pulled up a friend's web page portfolio that I know she has been working really hard on. My friend is a magazine design major, so it was fun to see what techniques she used that the reading hit on. I now have a better appreciation for all of the little details that my friend put into designing this incredible web page.

The repetition section was really useful for the final project. Since I've never created a web page with multiple pages, after reading this section I realized how important it is going to be to keep the design of the different pages repeating so that the pages flow together and make sense. Even though the pages will contain different content, the basic design of the page will help connect the entire site together.

Reading the "creating a focal point" section also made me question my current web page, since it really has no one item that is there to first capture the viewer's attention.

No comments: